Dear Members and Friends, Christ is in our midst!
With the blessing of Metropolitan Tikhon, St. Matthew’s will be moving to Phase 2/Stage 4 of the Synodal Directives, consistent with Maryland’s COVID-19 recovery and reopening plan. This stage permits additional parishioners to attend our liturgical services (beginning Saturday 11 July 2020) with strict limits on attendance and with many precautions in place.
To request permission to attend Vespers or Divine Liturgy, please fill-out this form:
or call Dane Garrett at email@example.com, 410-200-5713.
Attendance will be first-come-first-served with priority given to parishioners.
Additional priority may be given to parishioners who have not been able to attend Divine Liturgy/Vespers in preceding weeks.
Permission to attend will be confirmed by phone or e-mail.
If you have any questions or if after you request attendance you discover that you will not be
able to attend, please contact Dane Garrett (firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 410-200-5713).
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each service so we may “check you in”
and familiarize you with the new attendance procedures.
Some key guidance follows:
· Members must familiarize themselves with COVID-19 symptoms and refrain from attending if they are
symptomatic or exhibit any illness
· The elderly and those with pre-existing and underlying conditions as defined by civil government
are encouraged to stay home and continue live-streaming services
· Members must have their temperature taken prior to entering
· Members must sanitize their hands and check in upon entering
· Masks must be worn at all times in the church (except for communion)
· Social distancing must be maintained at all times (except for communion)
· After check-in, members must proceed directly to their seat(s)
· Children must remain at their seats during the service
· Directions for receiving communion will be provided by Father Constantine
· At the completion of service, members must proceed directly out of the facility
This guidance is mandated by the Holy Synod consistent with State and local guidance and must be strictly followed for us to be able to open the church.
We look forward to seeing you in church again soon!
The church will continue our livestreaming of both Vespers on Saturday, and the Third Hours and Divine Liturgy on Sundays.
See http://stmatthewoca.tv/ or the link on our www.stmatthewoca.org main web page.